Kaleidoscope Focus recognises that all people are different. Consequently, we aim to support clients and project stakeholders by providing tailored strategies during consultation.
Our process of consultation is based on the following principles:
- Awareness and respect: we value people’s contributions to our work, and aim to support people to share life and work experiences and stories in a safe and responsible environment.
- Accessibility: we acknowledge that people have individual needs for participating in consultation, and aim to support them to contribute as best they can.
- Supportive: we make a conscious effort to regularly check-in with how you’re going, and how we’re doing.
- Simplicity: we aim to use straightforward processes and language.
- Purposefulness: we use targeted questions and discussions during consultation.
- Transparency: we are up front about why we are consulting, where the information you share with us will end up, and how it will be used.
- Continuous improvement: we value stakeholder feedback and reflect on our practices to improve them.
We ensure accessibility in our consultation process by:
- Checking in with stakeholders regarding their needs, prior to the consultation day.
- Recognising when stakeholders are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
- Presenting information (written and oral) in plain English, making it easily understood, translated and compatible with supporting technologies.
- Providing access to consultation information through diverse means eg via email, accessible website, social media, phone, text.
- Using a variety of consultation methods including face-to-face, online (live) and via our website.
- Providing captioning for face-to-face and online consultations where required.
- Ensuring access to Auslan interpreters and language service interpreters, in addition to translated materials, prior to consultation.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
Policy Complaints and Enquiries
If you have any queries or complaints about our Consultation Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A .pdf version of this policy is available here.